A client recently had the following question: How can someone include a CRM Contact in their Outlook Contacts when they are not the owner of the Contact?
In the desktop client you do this by editing the Local Data group but you only get a local data group for contacts. In the laptop client, you can control what contacts are synchronized to your account by defining the Local Data Rules.
The steps to do this are as follows:
* Open your Outlook Desktop Client
* Click on CRM > Local Data
* Double click on My Contacts
* The rule will appear and you can edit it
* Modify the line that states: Owner Equals Current User
* Change Equals Current User to Equals
* Click on Enter Value and select yourself and any other user
This will allow you to synchronize contacts owned by other users to your Outlook.