A client recently asked: How can I change the user name and logon name for a user record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
This is fairly easy to do. You will need access to Active Directory, Settings on the CRM web client and the ability to create a temporary user in Active Directory.
To modify the user name and logon, you would do the following:
* In Active Directory, modify the user account
* Open CRM 4.0 as a System Administrator user
* Click Settings > click Administration > click Users
* Open the user record that you want to change
* In the Logon box, type a temporary Active Directory user
(I created a temporary user called “Temp User” for this)
* Click Save
* In the Logon box, type the modified Active Directory user account
* Click Save and Close.
This should bring forward the changes made in the first step to the current version of the CRM user.