A client asked: When I run Verify Data, I get an error message from QuickBooks to run the data repair utility. There is no way, however, to get details of the problem.
There is a way to find the details of the verification, but you must do the following:
* Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
* Press CTRL+2 to open the Tech Help window.
* On the tech help window, press tab that reads 'Open File'
* Highlight the file 'QBWIN.log' > click 'Open File'.
* Scroll until you see a long, double-line
* Scan the verification information for the word “error”
* Note information by the error (document number, trans type )
* Search the information in the report to find the transaction
* Delete and re-enter the transaction.
The problem will usually go away with the deleted transaction. If the verification problem is related to a list entry, it is almost always a duplicate list entry. You can solve this problem by renaming one of the two duplicate list entries and merging the two lists together.