A client wants to know: What is the correct method to close out a case? Also, can a case be reassigned?
The correct method to close a case is to use the Resolve button in the toolbar. You can also Reassign or Escalate a case. The details follow:
* At the toolbar, click Resolve.
* The Resolve Case Dialog opens.
* In the Notes field, enter resolution information
NOTE: To notify the selected user of the resolution via e-mail, make sure the E-mail Notification checkbox is checked, and type your message into the Message box provided.
* When finished, click Resolve
* Select Cancel to exit the dialog without resolving the case.
* After a case is resolved, it is removed from the active list.
You can reassign a case to another user or group.
* At the Service Center window, at the toolbar, click Reassign.
* Reassign Case opens and displays the selected case's unique number.
* Click the Use the Reassign To drop-down menu to select a user
* This will be the user reassigned the case.
* Click Reassign to reassign the case
* Click Cancel to exit the dialog without reassigning.
Use the Escalate function to escalate a case to a higher priority.
* At the Service Center window, at the toolbar, click Escalate.
* The Escalate Case dialog box opens and displays the case number.
* Click the Escalate To drop-down menu to select the user
* Click Escalate to escalate the case
* Click Cancel to exit the dialog without re-escalating the case.