This post outline the process for distributing the ODBC configuration from one machine to many on the network using the ODBC Wizard available from the HEAT Administrative Image install.
* Browse to the HEAT Administrative Image install root directory
* Locate and double-click the ODBCWizard.exe
* Select Write an INI file based on existing data sources
* Click Next
* Browse to select a location\file_name for the INI file
* Click Next
From System DSNs side of the Choose DSNs panel, select the correct ODBC connection. This is the ODBC connection you wish to replicate on all client HEAT machines.
* Click Next. The INI file will be created. A Done window will confirm it’s created. * Click Finished.
The ODBC settings can now be installed on each HEAT workstation.
On each workstation:
* Launch the ODBCWizard.exe from the Administrative image
* This time, select Read an INI file and configure data sources
* Click Next. Browse to locate the INI file created previously
* Click Next. Click Finished on the Done panel
* The ODBC connection will now show under the System DSN tab
NOTE: This ODBC connection will not contain the proper login information and therefore may not work on its own. Therefore, the GMLogin.sec file will need to be created and copied to the local machine in order to bypass the login credentials for SQL Server.