Did you ever want to hide certain (or all) left nav bar items within a Contact or Account?
To hide left nav bar items inside a Contact, you have two options:
1. Remove all privileges linked to these items in the security roles
Hide the 'Sub Contacts' menu option inside the Contact entity
* Open a Contact in Microsoft CRM
* With the Contact open, press Ctrl + N to open in a new window
* In Internet Explorer Click View > Source
When the HTML opens in Notepad, search for Sub-Contacts. When it is located, notice that just before the highlighted text you will see: id="navSubConts", write this down.
* Click Settings > Customization > Customize Entities
* Double-click the Contact entity > click Forms & Views
* Double-click Form (Main application form)
* In the right-hand pane, Click Form Properties
* Click OnLoad and Click Edit
document.getElementById("navSubConts").style.display = "none";
* Check the Enable Event checkbox
* Click Save & Close > click Publish
Open a Contact in CRM and the Sub-Contacts menu option should be gone. This same method can be used to hide other entity menu options.