Typically reports in development are tapping a "test" data source.
When it comes time to turn it loose on production, it is an easy enough procedure to "point" it at a different [live] database.
1. Select Database | Set Location.
2. Select the first table in the list.
3. Click the "Set Location" button.
4. Use the Data Explorer to browse to your new [live] datasource.
5. Expand the new datasource and find the corresponding table, then hit "Set".
6. Crystal will prompt you to "Propagate changes across tables with the same information".
7. Click "Yes" to automatically set the location of all your tables.