A client asked: We have too many names for the same vendor. Is there an easy and safe way to merge these together into a single vendor?
Yes, The following procedure will walk you through merging two vendors. All historical transactions contained in the predecessor name will be modified to contain the survivors name.
* From your Lists Menu > Click on Vendors
* Determine which vendor name will be the survivor.
* Determine which vendor will be merged off the list
* Edit the vendor that will no longer exist (Control + E)
* Retype the name using the exact spelling of the survivor
* Just the vendor name field needs to be modified
* Click OK and a popup will ask if you want to merge
* Click yes.
This procedure can also be used for items, customers, and accounts.