A client asked: We have separate databases for prospects and customers. When a prospect becomes a customer, how can we move them to the Customer database?
Follow the steps below:
* Ensure you have current backups of both databases.
* In GoldMine, open the database that records will be copied or moved from.
* For older GoldMine versions, Select File > Synchronize > Copy/Move Records
* For GoldMine 8.x, Select Tools > Data Management > Copy/Move Records
* Select the target database that the records will be copied or moved to from the Select Target Contact Set drop down.
* Specify the Record Selection by selecting Current Record (to move the contact record you are on) or Group of Contact Records. This option will allow selection of a filter or contact group.
* Select the Transfer Method. Copy will move a copy of the selected records to the target contact set and leave the original in the source contact set. Move will remove the original from the source contact set and place it in the target contact set.
* Click the Go button. Note: There is no undo for this operation. It is very important to have a current backup before begining this procedure.