A new field can be added in the ACT! layout as long as it does not appear on the form. Before you add the field to the layout, you need to create the new field.
To add a new field:
* From Tools menu of Contact View, select Define Fields
* In the Define Fields dialog, click New Field button to add a new field.
* Enter the New Field name and field properties (typ, length, etc.)
* After adding all the new fields, click OK
To add the field to the layout:
* Open the Design Layout to modify your layout with new fields.
* Click the Field tool in the tool palette
* Position the pointer where you want to insert the field
* Drag to define the size of the field
* From the Fields dialog box, select the field you want to add
* Click Add
Position and size the field and label where you would like it to appear. After you have added all new fields, be sure to save your layout.