Did you know that you can customize Activity Types in ACT?
You should be aware, however, that once created, an Activity Type cannot be deleted, only edited or deactivated. You also must have Administrator or Manager roles to create a custom Activity Type.
To create a new Activity Type:
* Select Schedule > Manage > Activity Types > click Add
* Enter the Activity Type Name (e.g. Billable) > Select an Icon
* Click OK
To use a custom Activity Type:
* Open the Calendar > Right click, Schedule > Select Other
* The custom Activity Type will appear as part of 'Other'
* Select your custom Activity Type > complete the entry
Once you have created a custom Activity Type, you might want to open previously defined tasks and redefine them with the new type. If in the future, you no longer want to use the Activity Type, you can inactivate it by selecting Schedule > Manage > Activity Types > Delete.
ACT! will pop up a prompt stating that you cannot delete the Activity Type but that you can inactivate it. Once inactivated, it will no longer appear as an option when scheduling, although tasks already containing the custom Activity Type will retain it.