1. In ACT!, go to Tools | Scan for Duplicates
2. Select which fields you'd like to test for duplicate data. Note the default is Company, Contact and Phone
3. Click OK to start searching.
4. Click "Yes" when prompted to start combining duplicates.
5. When the "Copy/Move Contact Data" window appears, select the duplicates, as indicated and click Next.
6. In the next window, you must select the "parent" record. Select whether to copy Contact #1 to #2, or vice versa.
7. In the next window, To copy data from a source field to a target field, click the field, and then click "Copy". When finished, click "Next".
8. In the next window, you have the option to move "Notes", "Histories" etc. After selecting, click "Next".
9. In the next window, you have the option to keep or delete the source record. Make your selection and click "Next".
10. On screen six, you can go back or click "Finish".