Want to create a call group? Here are some ways of creating a Call Group:
One way to create a Call Group is to put a Call Record on hold. For example, put a record on hold when you have not saved the call, but you need to create another Call Record. The "Calls on Hold" Call Group is created when you put a Call Record on hold. Access this Call Group by selecting Group > Calls On Hold.
Note: A Call Record on hold is not saved in the database. If your system administrator commits an Edit Set, you lose all Call Records on hold.
Another way to create a Call Group is by using a Boolean Search, which is a query of multiple expressions (for example, all open, priority 1 Call Records; expressions are Status = Open AND Priority = 1).
- From the Call Logging menu bar, select Group > New Call Group. The New Call Group dialog box appears.
- Type a name and description for the Call Group.
- In the Save to View area, select a View (audience) for your Call Group.
- In the Table Name drop-down list, select the table containing the field to use in your expression (for example, "CallLog"). When you select one of the tables, the available fields for that specific table appear in the Field area.
- In the Operators area, double-click an operator to add it to the Boolean Expression (for example, "=").
- Click Browse Field Data. The Validate from "x" dialog box appears where "x" is the field you selected. All available items appear in grid view. Select a value and click OK (for example, "Open").
- Continue adding expressions joined by operators (for example, AND Priority = "1").
- Click the Check button to verify your expression text is correct.
- When satisfied with the expression text you have defined, click Run. All Call Records that match your criteria display in the Call Logging main window (either in Grid view or Form view).
You can also create a Call Group using a Simple Search, which is a query of one expression (for example, all open Call Records; expression is Call Status = Open).
- From the Call Logging menu bar, select Group > Simple Search. A submenu with single search criteria appears.
- From the submenu, select a field to search (for example, "Call Status"). The Simple Search for Field "x" appears where "x" is the field selected.
- From the Operator drop-down list, select a logical operator (for example, "=").
- Click Browse to select a value for the search. The Validate from "x" dialog box appears.
- Select the value to add to the search (for example, "Open").
- Click OK. You return to the Simple Search for Field "x" dialog box.
- To limit the search to an existing Call Group, select the Narrow an Open Call Group check box. Select a Call Group in the drop-down list.
- To create a new Call Group from the query results, select the Create a New Call Group check box.
- Click Run. Call Records meeting your criteria display in the Call Logging main window (in Grid view or Form view).