A client asked: I use the Missing Check Report to find checks that are unaccounted for. Is there a similar report for missing invoices?
No, however, you can create one using Quickbooks. Since QuickBooks has a report programmed to show missing Check numbers, finding a way to modify the existing report to show missing invoice numbers is the best way to get the information you need.
Do the following to create a Missing Invoice report.
* Create a Missing Checks report by selecting the Reports menu, selecting Banking and then selecting Missing Checks. QuickBooks displays the window shown below.
* Do not change the default bank account that appears in the Specify Account field and press OK to display the report.
* QuickBooks creates a report of Checks in numerical order and the report notes any missing and/or duplicate check numbers.
* Click the Modify Report button and then click the Filters tab to display the report filters.
* Remove the Account filter shown below.
* Filter by Transaction Type for "Invoices" and by Detail Level for "Summary Only."
Edit the title of the report and memorize the report for future use.
Note: You can use the steps above to filter by other transactions types as well. Doing so will allow you to create a Missing Journal Entries report, Missing Estimates report, etc.