A client recently requested an easier way to add activities from the Contact form. The ISV.CONFIG file needs to be modified to add the buttons. Below you will find the steps for this process:
- From the Customizations area - Export the ISV.Config and make a backup copy.
- Examine the ISV.Config with Internet Explorer
- Get the URL for the launch page of the button
a. In CRM, open the Phone Call area
b. Press CTRL + N to open a new window and expose the address bar (if not in application mode)
c. Copy the URL for later use
d. Repeat for the Appointment activity and again save the URL for later use.
- Implement the custom button on the Contact form.
a. Open ISV.Config
b. Copy and paste the button element of an existing button of the section to the bottom of the section.
c. Modify the button text, tooltip and URL as shown in the below code.
d. Save the xml file
e. Import into CRM
- You will now have an easy way to get to the phone call and appointment activities from the Contact form.
<!-- The Contact Tool Bar -->
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_4210.gif" Url="http://crm/Contoso/activities/phone/edit.aspx">
<Title LCID="1033" Text="Phone Call" />
<ToolTip LCID="1033" Text="Add a new Phone Call" />
<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_142.gif" Url="http://crm/Contoso/activities/appointment/edit.aspx">
<Title LCID="1033" Text="Appointment" />
<ToolTip LCID="1033" Text="Add a new Appointment" />