Some users don't realize they can control the order of the columns on a customer report. It's important to make your reports appealing for the reader, so it's nice to be able to customize reports in a way that makes sense.
Here are the steps for doing that.
• Open a new transaction report (Reports Custom Transaction Detail Report).
• Move the Name column to the left side of the Num column by placing your mouse over the word Name in the name column. Notice your cursor has changed to a hand.
• Hold the left mouse key down and drag the column to the left. As you get to the diamond between the Date and Num columns, you'll see a red arrow appear.
• Let go of your mouse and the Name column will be on the left side of the Num column.
• You can also resize a column by holding your mouse over the diamond between a column until it turns into a cross. Then press your left mouse key and move the diamond to the left or right to either shrink the column or make it larger.
• Don't forget to memorize your report when you have it just the way you want it.