My new client was excited about getting started with QuickBooks and invoicing her customers. Then she looked at the plain black and white default invoices. As a creative and colorful person, she wanted to know how to design her own invoices and other forms.
Designing template forms can be fun and allow for creativity since there are so many options available, for the “design challenged” to the “design maven”. The first thing to remember is that the starting point is with the existing template, which is duplicated and then altered.
Follow the guide to begin designing your customized templates.
1. Go to the Lists menu and click Templates.
2. Select the name of the template you want to duplicate – recreate to make it your own.
3. Click the Templates button at the bottom of the list and then click Duplicate or download more designs found online.
4. Click the template type (form) to create. It can be a different type from the original template.
5. Click OK. The new template appears at the top of the list. It ill have the same name as the original template with "Copy of:" in front of it. For example, if you duplicate the Intuit Product Invoice, the new template will be called "Copy of: Intuit Product Invoice."
6. In the Templates list, double-click the duplicate template to open the Basic Customization window and then click Manage Templates.
7. In the Template Name field, enter a new name for the template.
8. Click OK to save the new template and return to the Basic Customization window where you can begin customizing the form.