- Ribbon – 2011 provides navigation through a ribbon which allows for easy access to menu options and a true Office application experience.
- Charts - Charts can be accessed quickly from the ribbon and viewed alongside a grid on entity data, giving the user as much information as possible in one window. New charts can be made easily by end users with the Chart Wizard.
- Dashboards - Dashboards allow users to read data from multiple sources in a single location. The dashboard is designed to eliminate the need to navigate through numerous windows in order to obtain information. Dashboards can be designed for all users of a company to see, providing employees with a single, consistent source for key data. Users can also create custom dashboards, tailoring them to meet their specific needs.
- Records Navigation - Navigating through records in the web client has been streamlined. The number of clicks it takes to navigate through records has been reduced so users can work more efficiently.
- Single Page Forms - Comprehensive details on a single page instead of tabs
- Data Auditing - Tracking changes to a record’s data in previous versions of Dynamics CRM required custom code or plug-ins. Now available out of the box, a flexible data-auditing tool allows users to enable and disable auditing for every entity. If a user chooses to enable auditing for a particular entity, all of its fields are audited automatically; but the user can disable each field individually if necessary.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
MSCRM 2011: New Easier UI
The number of additions and improvements for Dynamics CRM 2011 is estimated to be over 500 from Dynamics CRM 4.0. Listed below are a select few examples that should greatly improve the user’s experience: