In Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, there is new functionality provided that allows filtering of views the same way as filtering in Microsoft Excel.
Following is an example of the steps to filter a view:
* Open the “All Accounts” view
* Click on the Filter button in the ribbon. This enables filtering for each column in the view.
* Click on the dropdown arrow on the Address 1:City column. The following options for filtering are displayed: Sort A toZ, Sort Z to A, Contains Data, Contains No Data and Custom Filter
* Click on Custom Filter and specify that the filter should show Cities that begin with “New”.
* Now records will be shown only for those Accounts whose City begins with “New”.
*Go to the View tab and choose “Save As” to save the filtered view for future reference.