A client had this problem: When I try to apply a Quick Customize I get an error: 'Could not create recovery file'. Where is this recovery file and how do I fix this error?
This error could be created by the recovery file being directed to a folder where you do not have permissions. To correct this:
* Locate a folder where you can create a file
* Open the registry with regedit
Note: backup the registry first and get help with this if you are uncertain how to proceed with a registry change.
* Open the following registry key:
* If a string value named 'Directory' does not exist, then create it
* Right click Commit > select New > String Value > name Directory
* Enter the folder where you verified you can create a file
This should allow you to create the recovery file in the folder where you have permissions.