Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 contains a special feature that allows you to add sub-grids to Forms. For example, when working with a specific account record, you can add the related Opportunities grid to the main form rather than accessing the related opportunity information from the left navigation bar. In this example, we will add the Opportunities grid as a sub-grid to the Accounts Entity form as follows:
* Go to Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System
* Under Entities, Select the “Account” Entity Form.
* Go to the Main Information Form.
* Go to the Insert tab on the Form and then Click on Sub-Grid
* The Sub Grid Properties window will be opened.
* In the Sub-Grid Property window provide the name , Entity, Records and Default View type under Data source Section. If you want you can provide the additional options like Display search, Display Index and Display View Selection.
* Save the changes and then “Publish all the Customizations”
* You can now see the Opportunities sub-grid in the Account Entity. To see this sub-grid-go to the Account Entity in the Workplace and then open one record. The Opportunities Sub-Grid will be displayed.