In previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, in order to display different fields/hide fields from specific users, jscript code was required. In 2011, there is now the functionality that allows for different forms for different security roles. For Example: You may want the Account form to show different fields, for different security roles to maximize the important information that is displayed for each role.
Each Entity has two forms created by default: A “Main” Form and a “Mobile” Form. (Mobile Express)
By Default, the “Main” form is set so that all security rolls use this form whenever they access the Entity. With a few minor changes, additional Forms can be created for the entity to Rearrange/Add or Remove Information to maximize productivity for different users in CRM.
Suppose we would like to modify the form to show the Service preferences information closer to the top of the from for the Customer Service Reps and remove the Opportunities sub-grid that was on the form for the Salespeople.
The first thing we want to do is make a “Copy” of the original form so that we don’t have to start from scratch.
Double click the “Main” form, when it opens click “Save As”, choose a Name and click Save.
Now the new Form is listed in the Form list.
Customize the new Form:
1. Drag and drop the Services Preferences section of the form closer to the top.
2. Delete the Opportunities Sub-Grid.
3. Choose “OK”, then save and close the form. We now need to assign the security Role(s) to the form.
4. Highlight your new form, and click “Assign Security Roles”
5. Choose the “Customer Service Representative” and “CSR Manager” Roles and click OK.
6. Publish the Account entity and the new form can now be accessed.
**NOTE: If a security role has not been specifically assigned to a Form, the default form for the entity will display for that user.