A client recently asked, “How do I modify the left navigation pane in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to group Accounts and Contacts under the group name Clients instead of group name Customers?”
The left navigation pane is controlled by the sitemap.xml file. To make this change, the sitemap component needs to be included in an unmanaged solution and exported. The sitemap.xml file then needs to be changed accordingly and the changes re-imported to CRM.
The changes then need to be published. See below for the detailed steps:
1. In the Navigation Pane, Go to Settings -> Customizations -> Solutions
2. To add the Site Map to a new solution:
* Select New to add a new Solution.
* Give the solution a Display Name, Name, Publisher and Version number.
* The Package Type will default to Unmanaged.
* In the solution, select Client Extensions from the list of Components on the left hand side. Select Add Existing, and then select Site Map. Then click Export Solution.
* When you choose to Export the Solution, the first screen of the wizard will tell you to publish all customizations first. In this case, this does not apply. Choose Next. Choose Next on the second screen. On the third screen of the Export wizard, choose Unmanaged Solution.
Note: Be sure to save this zip file. If the changes that you make to the site map do not work, you can then import this back in.
3. Extract the files from the .zip file
4. Edit the sitemap.xml file. Under the Group Id=”Customers” tag, the following code needs to be added:
<Title LCID=”1033” Title=”Clients”>
5. Create a new compressed .zip file, including the extracted solution files and your edited customizations.xml.
6. Import the new solutions file.
* In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Solutions.
* Click Import.
* Click Browse, locate your modified solutions .zip file, click Next, and then click Import.
When the import is finished, click Close.
7. Publish the customizations.