For those of us who still have a receptionist or like to take messages in "person" over the phone, GoldMine can help organize this process.
Imagine I am calling into your organization and you need to take a phone message for a different sales rep to call me.
1. The first thing you do is navigate to the "Justin Hill" contact record. This is important, as virtually everything you do in GoldMine affects the "Current Contact Record".
2. Select "Message" from the GoldMine toolbar, or select Actions | Message from the top level menu.
3. You now see the "Phone Message" dialog window. You'll notice this item is already attached to the Justin Hill contact record. All you need do now is:
4. Specify the GoldMine user that should get this message from the top right drop down list.
5. Type in a simple message in the "Message" box. If more room is needed for notes, simply use the "Notes" area below. You may also choose to use the checkboxes which indicate the purpose of the call.
The assigned user will see this call on their GoldMine calendar alongside other Calls, Appointments and Actions.