An Edit Set is a working copy of your database. More specifically, it is a working copy of your table, field, form, and grid definitions. This working copy acts as a snapshot of your system that a system administrator can work on without affecting a live system. This allows you to save and work on your Edit Sets refining them over a long period of time.
Edit Sets utilize their own interface. This interface provides a user-friendly format and several wizards/editors to help you create and modify your system to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Use an Edit Set to:
• Create, edit, and delete tables.
• Create connections to External tables.
• Create, edit, and delete Table Types.
• Create, edit, and delete Views.
• Create, edit, and delete fields
• Define field attributes (size, format, flags, Validation features, etc.).
• Create and design forms.
• Create, edit, and delete grids.