Counters are used in AutoTask actions in Call Logging (and also in Web-based Call Logging) to automatically generate numbers. The counters available are defined in the Administrator module (although users can change some counter parameters). For example, you can set up counters for PO numbers and RMA numbers. This automates the process and saves valuable time when logging a call. A maximum of 10 counters can be defined.
To Set Counter Defaults:
In the Administrator, select Defaults>Counter Setup from the menu bar. The Counters dialog box opens.
- Note: For existing counters, you can select a counter and click Edit to make changes. Select a counter and click Delete to delete the counter. Editing or deleting counters affects AutoTask actions using those counters.
- Click Add. The Counter Definition dialog box opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for the counter.
- In the Current Value field, type a starting value for the counter.
- In the Increment field, type or select an increment value for the counter.
- If you want the counter to automatically reset, select the Should the counter automatically reset itself check box. Then choose a time frame (daily, monthly or yearly) and type a reset value.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to close the Counters dialog box