The following steps detail how to create a recurring Appointment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011:
* Click on Activities in the Workplace area of the Navigation Pane.
* Click on Appointment in the Ribbon and then choose Recurring Appointment.
* Give the Appointment a Name and then click on the Recurrence icon located on the ribbon under the Recurring Appointment tab, to get options for setting up a Recurring Appointment.
* First you set the Start time, and End time, which will automatically update the Duration. You will also notice that the Start Time, End Time, and Duration are automatically pulled from the Appointment when you click on the Recurrence icon.
* Next you set the Recurrence Pattern, whether it is Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. Then you set how often it will occur, these options will differ depending on which Recurrence Pattern you choose.
* Finally you can set the Range of Recurrence (or duration), the Start range of when the recurrence starts, and the End range of when it will end. For the End range you can set it to have no end date, so it will never stop recurring, to end after so many occurrences, or to end by a certain date.
*Click Ok and Dynamics CRM will automatically create a Recurring Appointment.
You will also notice at the top of the window - “Only the first 15 instances of this series will be displayed in the Calendar”, which means that the appointments will still occur, they just won’t show more than 15 at a time in your calendar.