One of the new features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is Dynamic Marketing Lists.
A marketing list can consist of one of the following kinds of records: Leads, Accounts, or Contacts. Additionally, getting the records on a list is a manual process. Advanced Find can be used to create and modify this list but in the past we needed to manually re-evaluate or manually remove records from the respective lists.
In some scenarios, the marketing list should be static (for example, the guest list for your sixteen year old’s birthday party) but there are even more scenarios where the people on the list you want to target is growing and in some cases shrinking.
To create a new Dynamic Marketing List:
* Navigate to Marketing->Marketing Lists->New
* From there, you’ll notice a radio button group in the middle of the window where the user has the option to select either static or dynamic. Once we provide a Name and Member Type, we will select Dynamic and save the record. Once saved, you’ll notice that you’ll have the option to add members or convert the list to a static list if you choose.
* The next step involves creating the query which will populate the dynamic list. To do this, click on the Manage Members button. This will open an Advanced Find window where you can enter a query. In this example, let’s find those contacts from Pennsylvania (PA).
* Next, click on Use Query. This results in our marketing list being automatically updated!
* So, what happens when a new Account from Pennsylvania and a Contact at that Account is added to the system? The new contact is automatically added to the list.
This list can now be used in your marketing campaigns. This new feature is a great addition to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and certainly creates a more flexible and easily managed environment for marketing managers and users alike.