In Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2011, there are two types of campaigns – marketing campaigns and Quick campaigns. A full marketing campaign allows you to track the activities, costs, lists, planning, responses, and schedules of your marketing efforts.
There are some cases however, that simply require you to distribute a campaign activity, such as a letter, phone call, or e-mail, to an impromptu list without the overhead and tracking of a full campaign. With CRM Online, you can distribute a single campaign activity to a group of accounts, contacts, leads, or marketing lists through a Quick Campaign.
Creating a Quick campaign:
* In the Marketing module, click Leads in the left navigation pane. Select the records you wish to include in this quick campaign. In the Add tab of the ribbon, click the Quick Campaign button. Choose For Selected Records from the drop-down menu, which will then open the Create Quick Campaign Wizard form.
* The first page of the Create Quick Campaign Wizard outlines the steps you are about to take. Click Next to proceed.
* The next page of the wizard appears. Enter a name for this quick campaign. For the purposes of this walkthrough, we will name it “Sample Leads Quick Campaign”, and then click Next to continue.
* The next page of the wizard appears where we select the activity type and decide who will own the activities. There are a few choices, but for this campaign, we are designating a phone campaign to ourselves. In order to do this, select Phone Call in the Activity Type box. For the Assign these activities to option, select Me. Once we are done, click Next.
* Since we chose Phone Call as the activity type in the previous step, we are presented with the Phone Call form. Fill out the Subject and Description fields, and then click Next. Note that only the Subject field requires data entry, as specified by the red asterisk.
* The final step of the wizard summarizes the specifications of the quick campaign. If everything is correct, click Create to complete the wizard.
* After completion, you can verify that you have successfully created your new quick campaign by clicking Quick Campaigns in the left navigation pane in the Marketing module and seeing it listed in the view.
* The final step would be to follow up on the phone call activities generated by the quick campaign, and make the calls. The user to whom the phone calls were assigned can find them in the Workplace module, under Activities.