Teams are a convenient way to group users who work together on sets of records in Dynamics CRM. Teams can own records and are assigned security roles the way that users are assigned security roles.
To create a new team, click the Teams link from the Administration page in the Settings area. Give the team a name and make sure it is linked to the correct business unit.
Teams in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 can own records. It’s also possible to assign security roles to teams which will allow customers to manage overall security at a team level, rather than a user level.
When a team is created, a queue for that team is automatically created.
Routing your work with queues
You can use queues to manage your activities and cases. There are two types of default queues:
*Items available to work on. This folder contains active cases and activities that have been assigned to you, but that you have not yet accepted. This can include e-mail messages that you have received.
*Items I am working on. This folder contains cases and activities that you've accepted and are currently working on.
Items can appear in a queue for several different reasons:
*E-mail. E-mail sent to an individual appears in that person's Items available to work on view. Public queues can also have an e-mail address.
*Assignment. Records move into a person's Items available to work on view when other people assign those records to them. You can also assign an item to yourself.
*Workflow. A workflow can place items into both public and private queues automatically.
When you've finished working on a record in a queue, you can resolve it, close it, reassign it, or remove it, depending on the type of record and what needs to happen to it next.
Follow these steps to assign a case, activity, or other record in the Queues list to yourself, or to another user:
* In the Navigation Pane, click Workplace, and then under My Work, click Queues.
* On the Actions toolbar, in the Queue Items drop-down list, select Items available to work on.
* In the list, select one or more queue items that you want to assign.
* On the Queue Items tab, click the Work On button.
* In the Assign Queued Items dialog box, do one of the following:
* To assign the selected items to yourself, select the Assign to me to work on radio button. Click OK to close the dialog box.
* To assign the selected item to another user, select the Assign to another user to work on radio button and Click the Lookup button. In the Look Up Record dialog box, in the View drop-down box, select the view you want. In the Search box, type part or all of the name you want, and then click the Search for icon. In the list, select the name you want. Click OK to close the dialog box and save the name.
* Click OK to close the Assign Queued Items dialog box.
Note: If you assigned the queue item to yourself, it is now available for you to work on. You can see all items assigned to you in the Items I am working on view.