IMPORTANT: Committing changes using the Quick Customize mode increments the version field in the HEATDb table just as an Edit Set would do. As a result, any Edit Set created before the Quick Customize changes contains an earlier version number and is not committed.
Quick Customize provides the following advantages:
- Speed in implementing changes.
- Ability of users to remain logged on.
Users do not see changes until they next log on to HEAT.
With Quick Customize you cannot:
- Create tables (including Table Types, Table Views, and connections to External tables)
- Create fields
- Edit the name, type, or size of existing fields
With Quick Customize you can:
- Edit Forms
- Edit grids
- Change most field attributes (such as default values, Validation, and flags)
When you are satisfied with your Quick Customize changes, you can apply them with a single click. Because users do not need to be logged off of HEAT in order to apply the changes to the database, users can only view the changes once they log off and on again.
Note: Like an Edit Set, HEAT allows you to test the integrity of your Quick Customize changes before you apply them to your live system. This process is called Verify Quick Changes.