“I’ve been printing and mailing invoices to my customers and now I’m ready to start emailing them. I would like to customize the email message that goes out with the invoice. Can I do this?”
Absolutely! I always suggest this to my clients. It makes for a nicer message. In fact, you can customize the message for each form that you e-mail (invoice, statement, estimate, report, pay stub, or other form). You can also set defaults for the Bcc e-mail address and the Subject line.
To do this task
- Open the send forms preferences.
Loading, please wait . . .
- Choose the form for which you want the new e-mail defaults to apply.
- Click the drop-down lists to change the salutation ("Dear," etc.) and the format (<First> <Last> etc.) of the customer's name.
- Enter one or more e-mail addresses in the Bcc field. Each time you e-mail this type of form, a copy of the e-mail will be sent to this address as well.
- Enter a default Subject line.
- Click anywhere in the e-mail text and enter any changes you want.
- Click OK.