It is very often that we only want to allow a particular user or set of users to edit a specific field in GoldMine. On a per-field basis, we can lock down both the Read and Update rights. To do this;
1. Enter Screen Design mode by right-clicking on the Contact Record and selecting "Screen Design".
2. Single click the field in question to select it. Right-click on the field and select Properties.
3. Click on the "Security" tab.
4. Check the box next to either (or both) "Read rights" and "Update rights".
5. For each box, use the drop down list to select the User or User Group that will have either Read or Update access to the field. Ok your way out.
All users will need to restart their GoldMines to affect the change in Field Security. Each checked box (Read and Update) acts as you would expect; preventing either the Reading or Updating of the field in question.