Sunday, July 29, 2012
QuickBooks: Troubleshooting Cash Basis Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable should not appear on your cash basis Balance Sheet report but in some cases in QuickBooks, it will.
To clear the cash basis Accounts Receivable start by running a filtered report to find out which transactions QuickBooks was unable to convert and then adjust, correct, or simply note them.
Here's the step-by-step instructions for identifying the transactions in your cash basis Accounts Receivable:
1. Double-click on “Accounts Receivable” on your cash basis Balance Sheet report
2. Click the “Modify Report” button at the top left of the report
3. Remove the date in the “From” field and keep the date in the "To" field
4. Click on the “Advanced” button at the bottom left and set the “Open Balance/Aging” to” Report Date”
5. Click “OK”
6. Click on the “Filters” tab at the top of the Modify Report window
7. On the left, chose the Filter “Paid Status”
8. Set the "Paid Status" filter to “Open” in the middle of window
9. Click “OK” to run the report