Did you know that you can create a new contact directly from the Schedule window in GoldMine?
This is nice if you've already brought up the schedule window and have filled it out with Notes, Date, and a Time only to find that you're on the wrong contact or that the correct contact doesn't exist in your database!
While in the Schedule Window;
1. Click on the little button to the right of the Linked Contact shown at the top of the window.
2. This item will drop down a list of choices. You can either "Look up Another Contact", which will let you browse to a different contact to link to. Or you may "Create a New Contact", which will drop you into the New Record Window.
3. Select "Create a New Contact" from the drop down list.
4. Enter in your new Contact Information as you desire, then hit OK.
5. You'll notice that your schedule window is now displaying the newly created record as the Linked Contact.
Of course, it is typically easier to search for and enter (if required) any new records into GoldMine before getting to the Schedule Window proper.