DID YOU KNOW...Zoho CRM makes it really easy to establish these kinds of relationships between two fields. Check this out…
STEP 1: CREATE NEW FIELDS AND ENTER ALL POSSIBLE VALUES
- FIELD1: Select the applicable module and click New Custom Field Button
- Choose Picklist as the type
- Give it a name, select the section on the form where you want the field to appear and enter all possible values for the field.
- click save
- Repeat for FIELD2 - remember you must enter ALL POSSIBLE VALUES FOR ALL OF THE VALUES IN THE FIRST FIELD (could be a long list, thats okay!)
STEP 2: MAP FIELD DEPENDENCIES
in Set-up->Customization-> Fields
- Select the module and click Map Dependency Fields
- Click New
- use the drop downs to select Parent (Field1) and Child (Field2) then click Next
- For each of the possible values of Field1 (listed across the shaded column headers, click on all applicable values in Field2 (NOTE: you may need to scroll over using the arrow button to reach all Field1 values)
- Click save
STEP 3: ADJUST LAYOUT AS NECESSARY
- Select applicable module
- View the default layout of the two new fields and drag them to an alternate location if desired.
DONE! Now on your form, when you select a value for Field1, only the values you selected under that value in Step2 will be available in your Field2 pick list!!