One of the nicest things about the newer versions of GoldMine is the ability to preview the contents of any linked document without opening it. This is displayed within the "Preview" pane within the Links tab. However, if you're having problems previewing certain kinds of documents, or if this simply slows down your computer, you can turn Off document previews on a per-filetype basis.
Note: This is a system-wide setting and can only be accessed from a "Master" account.
1. Select Tools | Configure | System Settings from the top level menu.
2. Select the "Preview" tab.
3. From here, you can pick and choose which document types are Previewed within the Links tab.
4. When finished, Ok your way back out to GoldMine.
5. All users will need to restart GoldMine to affect the changes.