The Summary tab, is there nothing finer? At a glance, you can see;
Creation Date / User
Last Update Date / User
Last Contact : Last SUCCESSFUL call
Last Attempt : Last UNSUCCESSFUL call
Prev Result : Reference from the most recent Completed History
Next Step : Reference from the closest upcoming Pending Activity
Comments : Free form text field to record a thoughtful note about the Client
That Last Contact Date is especially juicy. Just think, if you had been recording all of your calls in the Notes tab, this wouldn't be possible. So, let's show off a little and generate a list of everyone who hasn't been Contacted This Year.
1. Open your Search Center. Yes, really.
2. Select "Lastconton" from the Search By list.
3. User "Lesser or Equal" (the idea is to return anyone with a Last Contact Date before the New Year. Past Dates are "Less Than" Future Dates).
4. Enter in 01/01/2015 as the search value.
Easy, right? If you feel like Getting Fancy;
1. Feel free to right-click and Output to Excel.
2. Don't forget you can add Columns via the "Columns" button.
3. Use the Filters/Groups button to save this as a re-usable Filter/Group.