QuickBooks has discontinued the Simple Start version, but Small Business is similar. Here is what you can get with the Small Business version:
- Track you income and expenses
- Download transactions from you bank and/or credit card accounts and then add them into QB
- Security and encryption as banks
- Unlimited estimates & invoices
- Import data from Excel
- Pay W-2 employees and file payroll (with a paid subscription)
Desktop version: You can generate an Accountant's copy, of your data, with a closing date. Email the copy to your accountant and he/she can make adjustments, prior to the closing date, while you still work on your copy of QB. Your accountant will then send you the adjustments and you can import them into your current QB data file.
Online version: You can invite up to 2 accountants to access your data. The accountant and you can work within the file, simultaneously.
You can access your account via your smartphone or tablet.